Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Know What Art Is.

I know what art is not because I'm more intelligent than anyone else or because I'm an educated intellectual. The fact of the matter is that art is perceived by different people differently. One person may look at one piece and see lines while another person sees the same piece and sees something completely different. To me art is colorful, unique, and meaningful. However again I may see something where another doesn't and vice versa. Art is completely subjective and this is why it is beautiful. It is a pure form of expression. Although everyone may not think that your work is beautiful or even well done, there will be someone who understands or at least thinks they understand where you are coming from. Art is not corrupted by the opinions of others thus it is the most pure form of expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment