Monday, October 19, 2009

Dance? What would a male college student know about dance?


I've got to say there probably isn't much that most male college students could say about dance as an art form. However in my Sr. Year of high school several of the other seniors on the wrestling team and myself decided to take an introduction to dance class as a funny way to finish off our credits. I can tell you personally that none of our "moves" improved as a result of taking this class but I did surprisingly learn to appreciate dance more than I had ever thought I would. At about the same time I started taking dance i also began dating a dancer. She was involved in not only the dance team but in our schools dance company aswell. Alot of her world revolved around dancing and I was exposed to much of it. I went from never being involved with dance to being thrust into ballet, modern, and and hip-hop all at once. Through my experiences I have truly come to see dance as a beautiful as well as extermly difficult art form. It requires the strength and stamina of a sport combined with the grace and individuality of art. It is truly a uniqe thing to behold if you open your mind to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment