Sunday, December 6, 2009

Poetry


As I writer I appreciate lots of different genres and types of literature. However, when it comes to written works the most debated is probably poetry. Many people doubt it's worth and viability with our modern language and dialects. I know when I was in English class as a middle school student poetry was by far my least favorite portion of our curriculum. As I began to get deeper into poetry I found that my opinion began to change. There are many poems and works that are no less than excellent creations. Edgar Allan Poe is one of my favorite writers of all time. Having said this there are poems that I also think are tedious and boring. Poetry is literature's version of the abstract painting. One person can read it and have a revelation while another may see it as meaningless rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment