Friday, December 4, 2009

Having a Catharsis

By definition a catharsis is a : purification or purgation of the emotions (as pity and fear) primarily through art b : a purification or purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension. When I first read the definiton I wasn't quite sure what it was that I was supposed to be attempting. I decided to just write about everything that I was thinking and feeling at a particular moment. To summarize the results I'll give a quick overview of what came out. I wrote how I have been stressed about my upcomming finals, how livng so far away from girlfriend sucks, the pressure that I was feeling in satisfying my parents expectations along with my excitement at becoming a newly intiated brother in my fraterenity. I found that after I had written it all out I actully felt much better. I think it is a good excercise for anyone who is feeling overburdend.

No comments:

Post a Comment